A new school year begins Monday, August 6, and we can’t wait to welcome you home! We’ve been working hard all summer to prepare for an awesome year in every school, so here are some short reminders to help make sure you’re ready for day 1:
- Haven’t registered yet? Register online now! There’s no need to wait. Register early with your PowerSchool account so you’re all set before school starts – anytime and anywhere using any computer, tablet or smartphone with Internet access. You can find registration requirements here.
- Don’t have access to a computer or need registration help? Contact your child’s school for summer support hours. You can also visit our Parent Welcome Center (2687 Avery Ave.) or the Northeast Regional Office (920 N. Highland St.) Monday - Friday for help
- All students must be up to date on all required immunizations and physicals or have an approved exemption on file in order to attend school. Click here for required immunizations. You can make an appointment at any of our three student health clinics beginning July 25 by calling 531-6321.
- NEW! Register for Caredox beginning Wednesday, July 25. Caredox is an easy-to-use online system that keeps all of your child’s health info in one place. Personal health info, like allergies and medications, as well results from school nurse visits and health screenings can all be accessed easily online with Caredox. Look for an email from CareDox on July 25.
- Does your child ride the bus? Don’t forget – the only way to ensure your child has an assigned bus on day 1 is to let your school know in advance. Bus assignments will be given out at all schools during Gear Up Day on July 31. Please do not send your child to a bus stop without notifying the school first that he/she needs a bus. Find bus rider eligibility and bus stop info here.
- Contact your child’s school for supply lists and dress code info. Supply lists and dress codes vary from school to school, so be sure to contact your child’s school before day 1 if you have questions.
- Gear Up 4 School Day is Tuesday, July 31!
- Meet the principal, teachers & staff
- Get supply lists, bus assignments & homeroom assignments
- Sign up for parent organizations & before-/after-school programs (if available)
- Get computer access or help with registration
- Our Back to School Block Party is Saturday, August 4, at the Board of Education. Come join us for free food, giveaways, music and lots of family fun. You can register on site, get free immunizations while they last and pick up lots of great info to help you start the year off right. Remember, proof of registration is required to take part in all the fun.
We can’t wait to welcome you home on Monday, August 6. If you need more info or assistance with anything, visit www.scsk12.org or call (901) 416-5300.